!

Marathon in October










Sunday, June 17, 2012

Boston Ruckus June 2012

The Boston Ruckus is an exciting military style obstacles (over 20) compacted into a 4 mile run. The courses are designed for a wide range of participants and almost 100% of runners finish. Ruckus events are demanding enough for the elite, but achievable for all. It is all about having a unique, rewarding experience, that is as much fun as it is a challenge. I HAD A FRIGGIN BLAST!!!!! The pictures you see are only about a mile/mile and a half of the race. The rest was in the woods through the trails and fields. I have never done anything so hard but so fun! Also I am very surprised that I was able to do some of the obstacles...I must be in better shape than I thought! I can't wait to do this again next year. I really enjoyed pushing my self to do things I thought impossible and pushing myself to do  things that I very scared of. climbing a 10 foot wall DONE! gorilla bars Done. running and jumping through mud pits DONE. Wish I had a list of all the fun crazy things we did....BTW the cute red head with me is my team mate Claire! she and I kept together and cheered each other on!



Climbing this scared the crap out of me!

 


this was fun!!! and I fell :)
I actually really enjoyed climbing the walls!




DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. so cool! That looks fun! Did you have to use old shoes and throw them out? You must be getting stronger with all that training. Great job jen! I am curious as to what your resting heartrate is now that you're so athletic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about the rest hr is...I will check later. Yes I did wear old shoes!

    ReplyDelete